Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Dirt Roads



Hello Family and Friends!

Transfer calls came this week and after spending almost 4 months in the Desert Ridge zone it came time for me to leave and come down south to the Bella Vista zone. I loved serving in Desert Ridge's wards. They were awesome and it felt like home. I know that I am serving in my new area for a reason and that the Lord has a lot in store. So a big thanks and shout out to all of those amazing people that I served along side with. You taught me so much and I will be applying those things for the rest of my mission.

The Bella Vista zone is going to be amazing. It has been one of the hardest weeks ever! I have only been here a few days and I can tell that I am going to learn to love it here. One big change is being more southern in the mission is that it is basically all dirt roads out here so that will be pretty fun. My new companions name is Elder Callihan and he has been out for 20 months now. It is going to be a fun transfer and I think that we will learn to work well together. This area is so unique in the way that it is laid out I cant wait to explore all of it. One neighborhood near us has million dollar homes and they have their own private airport. Then we cover people that live in less then desirable circumstances. I know and I can feel that miracles are going to happen in the next 6 weeks. It has been a stressful week, but I was called as a District Leader. I know the Lord wants me to learn something from all this and I know I am fine, but it has been kind of a rough few days.
One night when we were out proselyting we decided that we were going to start tracting down this one street so we went and started knocking doors and we ran into 2 kids on the street. They were really chill teenagers so we shared the Book of Mormon with them and set a time that we can meet up again. The spirit is always there when we testify of truth and I know that these two boys felt it.

Well that is the majority of my week. I love serving the Lord and I know that he is there for us. He loves us enough to give us trials and challenges and I am so thankful for all of those trials that we have. I love you all and God Bless. 

Elder Ben Kestner